SPECS second General Assembly
The agenda includes both plenary sessions and parallel breakout groups (BOG).
- 15th October
9:30-9:35 Opening by F.J.J. Brouwer, Director General KNMI
9:35-10:30 Introduction to and objectives of the meeting (F.J. Doblas-Reyes, M. Rodríguez, H. Heich).
11-13 Breakout groups per WP
14:00-18:30 Plenary session with presentations (25 mins each including 10 mins discussion).
- A. Simmons (ESAP, ECMWF): Observational_reanaysis_Simmons.pdf
- A. Loew (CMUG, MPI-M): ESA_climate_change_A_Loew.pdf
- C. Buontempo (EUPORIAS, Met Office): EUPORIAS_SPECS_GA_2013.pdf
- M. Juckes (BADC): SPECS_data_repository_badc.pdf
- J. García-Serrano (NACLIM, IPSL): NACLIM_J_Garcia_Serrano.pdf
- T. Toniazzo (UiB): Introduction to the PREFACE_overview_June2013_v6.pdf
- E. Hawkins (UReading): APPOSITE_E_Hawkins.pdf
19:00 Meeting dinner
- 16th October
8:30-10:30 Breakout groups per theme: Introductory plenary followed by one and a half hour of separate meetings
- Bleekerzaal: SPECS R verification package and downscaling effort - Cross Cutting Theme 1(led by Stefan Siegert, José Manuel Gutiérrez)
- Groenzaal: Dealing with uncertainty - Cross Cutting Theme 2 (led by Antje Weisheimer)
- Buys Ballot: Extreme events: results of survey and how to address them in SPECS - Cross Cutting Theme 3 (led by Wilco Hazeleger)
- Vening Meineszzaal: HPC, data management (SPECS-EUPORIAS portal, CMORisation and dissemination), public dissemination of hindcasts (led by Sophie Valcke, Pierre-Antoine Bretonnière, Adam Scaife, Antonio Cofiño)
11-12 Plenary presentation of the main conclusions of the breakout groups per theme by the leaders of the sessions.
13-18 Plenary presentations per WP (15 mins per WP including questions), followed by a selection of presentations showing progress by some individual partners.
- 17th October
9-10:00 Breakout groups per WP (rooms as on the 15th; consider interactions between WPs in the work planned for the following 12 months)
10:05-10:30 Plenary GFCS talk
- K. Rupa Kolli (WMO): Climate_services_information_system_Kolli.pdf
11:00-12:30 Plenary general discussion.
- ECOMS newsletter, access rights (e.g. to data repositories) and IPR aspects, 18-month reporting
- CCTs, fact sheets, organization of multi-model scientific papers using the SPECS experiments to address relevant climate predictability and prediction problems (define leaders and deadlines), links to Future Earth and other international initiatives.